Toolangi State Forest
Distance from Melbourne Center – 1 Hour and 12 Minutes
Waterways – Yes
Tracks going through State Forest – Yes
4WD & Dirt Bike Activity – Yes
Possible Pest & Game animals – Fox, Rabbits, Hares.
HUNTING VICTORIA TIPS
- Beware of State Forest Borders.
- Beware of Private Properties Surrounding this State Forest.
- This State forest is very popular with Walking trails, including the Tanglefoot Loop, Myrtle Gully Circuit, Kalatha Giant Tree Walk, Wirrawilla Walk.
- This State Forest has become popular since the Black Saturday Bushfires back in 2009, many people visit the State Forest to see The Kalatha Giant Tree.
- Beware around the Murrindindi Scenic Reserve area.
- This State Forest joins onto the Black Range State Forest.
ALWAYS CALL AHEAD TO THE PARKS DEPARTMENT BEFORE HUNTING ON ANY STATE FOREST TO BE SURE THERE IS NO PLANNED BURNINGS, MILITARY TRAINING ETC.
ALWAYS CONSIDER OTHERS BY NOT LEAVING RUBBISH AND ALWAYS BEWARE OF FIRE SEASONS.
SAFETY FIRST, HAPPY HUNTING.